Monday, September 23, 2013

Chili


Chili! There are so many different ways to make chili! In my house it becomes a big debate on beans and heat. Richard like pinto beans and I like kidney beans, I like some heat and Richard like it hot, hot, and hot! Tonight I won the big bean debate, and put kidney beans and the chili!
Let’s be fair here the only reason I won was because the only kind of beans I had in the pantry were kidney beans. As for the heat he does what he always done he adds hot sauce to his chili.

Chili

1 pound ground beef
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans or pinto beans
1 (14 ½oz.) can diced tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder (your choice)

In a large skillet cook ground beef, onion and garlic until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain.
Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.Pin It

No comments: