Sunday, December 6, 2009

Tunnel of Fudge Cake

I have been looking for a tunnel of fudge cake recipe like I had when I was younger, I have tried many recipes over the years and the center of the cake was never right. Than I came across this recipe in a Pillsbury calender, I changed it up to suite what I was looking for and I am very please with the results. The center is very similar to a fudge recipe I have been making for over twenty years. After the cake cools dust with powder sugar or if you are a chocolate lover like I am than drizzle the cake with the chocolate glaze.






Tunnel of Fudge Cake

Filling:
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
Cake:
1 box devils food cake mix
1 container (8oz.) sour cream
1/3 cup oil
3 eggs
Glaze:
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Heat oven to 350F. Grease a Bundt pan set aside. In a medium bowl microwave filling ingredients on high 30 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth (if necessary, microwave 10 to 20 seconds longer); set aside.
In large bowl, mix cake mix ingredients with electric mixer on low speed until combined; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Spoon batter evenly into pan. Drop spoonfuls of filling batter, keeping filling away from side of pan.
Bake 30 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean and edge begins to pull away from side of pan. Cool for 10 minutes; than remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely. Place on serving platter and dust with powder sugar or drizzle with glaze.
Glaze:In a medium bowl combine chocolate chips butter and corn syrup; microwave on high for 30 seconds; stir until smooth and then add vanilla. Drizzle over cooled cake.Pin It

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So does the filling sort of sink to the middle? No need for any cake batter spooned on top?

Recipe looks amazing by the way! We're making this as a dessert for Thanksgiving this year.

Cheers!

Sues said...

I made this as directed and it turned out beautifully and very moist with an inch of fudge at the top of the cake. I used the last of the 14oz can of condensed milk with melted chocolate chips to drizzle on the top of the cake that added to the fudge. I’m keeping this recipe to use again, as it was gone by the end of the day.