Saturday, March 31, 2012

Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake



Better get the milk ready for this one! Because if you love peanut butter and I know you do. Then this cake is just what you need.
This cake is going to church with me tomorrow, because if I keep this in my house I know for a fact I will be eating the whole thing! I already had two slices and I am thinking about having a third!

Peanut Butter Texas Sheet Cake
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter
1 cup water
¼ cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup milk

In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, salt and baking soda; set aside. In a saucepan combine butter, water and peanut butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Add to flour mixture mixing well. Combine eggs, vanilla and milk; add to peanut butter mixture in bowl. Spread mixture into a grease 15x10 jelly roll pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a 350F degree oven.

Peanut Butter Icing
½ cup butter
¼ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup milk
4 cups powder sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a saucepan combine butter, peanut butter and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in powder sugar and vanilla. Spread over warm cake.
Pin It

14 comments:

Debra said...

Has to be good my daughter's name is Stefanie and she loves to bake also. It definitely looks yummy I can't wait to bake it.

Deb said...

OMGosh this sounds good. I was looking for the traditional chocolate cake (which I found) however I think I will try the peanut butter one. I have not seen this flavor. Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

Making this for thanksgiving :)

Unknown said...

I made this cake 2 days ago, a friend called it "peanut butter crack"....simply addictive! Great recipe

dundalk.bookworm@gmail.com said...

We always made chocolate cake w/peanut butter frosting for my brother's birthday but I can't wait to try the reverse.

Kim said...

I made your frosting for a different flavor cake. It is yummy!

Virginia H said...

Went looking on Pinterest for several types of sheet cakes to serve at a large association meeting for my church. Decided this would be a cake that some of the younger folks would like I made eight sheet cakes, two of them by this recipe. Wasn't sure what to expect but WOW was this cake good. One person told me he'd love me for the rest of my life if I'd make it every week. And several people have asked for the recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Made these poured the frosting on and let set overnight. This morning I cut them and them are bars but custard like. What do you think I did wrong?

Anonymous said...

Could this be rolled-as in to be a roll cake?

Anonymous said...

I bake this cake tonight it was great. It was a big hit with my family.

Anonymous said...

I have made this cake and icing twice now and everyone loves it

Anonymous said...

If I use self rising flour, do I still put in the salt and soda?

Anonymous said...

This is one of the best cakes I’ve ever ate. I put it in a 9x13. Worked out great. It was a big hit at Easter

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe me and my family loves itπŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹