Saturday, March 24, 2012

Macaroni and Cheese Lasagna


Who doesn’t love macaroni and cheese? And what if you turn that all time favorite into another all time favorite. Lasagna!
I bought these off brand boxes of macaroni and cheese and every time that I would make them I would hear that it didn’t taste the same as Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. Which lead to me finding out ways of using up the boxes that I had left? Will I found this recipe on the Kraft web-site and decided to give it a try.
When I was preparing this dish I started thinking how about making Macaroni and Cheese Chili Bake or maybe a Macaroni and Cheese Taco Bake. I wonder how many boxes of this brand of Macaroni and Cheese I have left!
Well if you are wondering how it tasted it turned out pretty good. I wish I would have known about this dish when the girls were still living at home, I know that they would have asked me to make it all the time, I would just have to have made sure that I used Kraft and not the off brand back then too!

Macaroni and Cheese Lasagna
1 (7.25 oz) boxes of Macaroni and Cheese
1 pound ground beef
1 (24oz) jar pasta sauce
2 cup grated mozzarella cheese

Prepare the box of macaroni and cheese according to instruction on box.
In a large skillet brown ground beef; drain. Add pasta sauce and heat until warmed.
In a  baking dish place half of prepared macaroni; top with a layer of pasta meat sauce then top with 1 cup of the cheese. Repeat layers one more time ending with cheese.
Bake in oven at 350F for 30minutes. Pin It

No comments: