Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cola Marinated Tri Tip

We liked the pork chops marinated in the cola so much that we decided to try it with tri-tip, and we loved it! I changed the marinade up just a little to make it more suitable for beef; I added black pepper and a grated onion. I once watch Rachel Rae grate an onion on her show, she said it gives the dish more flavor and she was right. Brandy loved the beef so much that she didn’t use A1 on her slices of meat and she always uses A1, she calls it her gravy. I will be making this again soon!


Cola Marinated Tri Tip
1 tri-tip roast, trimmed
1 cup coke
½ cup soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, grated

Place tri-tip in a gallon size storage bag. In a small bowl combine reaming ingredients, place in the refrigerator for 6 hours are over night, turning ever few hours. Cook on preheated grill for 40-50 minutes or until meat thermometer resisters 150⁰F or until desired doneness, basting with marinated. When done place on cutting board cover meat with foil and allow the meat to sit for 15 minutes before serving.Pin It

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I absolutely loved it. I wish I could have some more right now. MMMMM

Rich said...

This is a great idea! I need to give this a shot, for sure.

Unknown said...

What temperature did you cook it at?