Friday, June 25, 2010

Peel-n-Eat Shrimp Scampi

I wanted to serve something special for Father’s day, besides the Cola marinated tri-tip. What came to mind was shrimp, but how was I going to serve it. I knew that I wanted to grill it. So I thought what would happen if I marinated the shrimp in a sauce like scampi and then grilled it. It was a big hit with the family, I loved it so much that I didn’t what to share, but I was nice and let Richard have some after all it was Father’s Day.


Peel-n-Eat Shrimp Scampi
1 pound of shrimp, deveined and washed
¼ cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Place shrimp into a large glass bowl. Combine remaining ingredients into a small bowl, mixing well; pour over shrimp in glass bowl tossing well to coat; cover and marinade in refrigerator for 2 hours or more.

Thread shrimp on to skewers or place on a grilling tray. Grill over med heat, for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until the shrimp, is opaque.Pin It

No comments: