Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Canned Peach Cobbler


This is a very easy cobbler recipe and very tasty too. I had this can of peaches for awhile now I bought it last year to make a peach cake with but never got around to baking it, at least that’s what I think I bought the peaches for.  Like I sais in my previous post I am trying to come up with or find recipes to use up my food in the pantry before I go shopping for more.
I have a wonderful cobbler recipe that I posted a few years ago. But this time I wanted to do something different. Something like the cobblers I grew up with. Also that would use canned peaches. I found quite a few out there on the web. But most of them used self-rising flour, which I don’t have. So I added the extra ingredients to make the batter rise.
This turned out great and I well be making this again! But next time I think I might sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar over the top before baking. That me, always changing recipes!
Canned Peach Cobbler
1 (28oz) can sliced peaches; drained; reserving syrup
½ cup butter
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk

Preheat oven to 350F.
Melt butter in a 13x9 inch baking dish in oven. Meanwhile combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and sugar in a medium size bowl add milk and blend until smooth.
Remove baking dish from oven; pour batter over melted butter. Spoon sliced peaches over top of batter, and then pour reserved syrup over top of peaches.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. If desired serve with vanilla ice-cream!Pin It

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Made this and it was fab! Making again for my granny's 97th birthday. She's going to love it! Thanks for the great and easy recipe!
Amy
Newark, DE

Unknown said...

My bf made this recipe but added cinnamon nd it was delish...thanx for the recipe!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just finished baking this, I also altered a couple things. I used 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar. I also added cinnamon to the mixture and on top. I baked it an extra 5 min and briefly broiled the top for a brown crispy/firmer top. Taste fantastic and your recipe was awesome! Thank you :)