Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Creamy Potato Soup


Yes I know it has been awhile since I posted anything, but sometimes, time has a way of slipping by and before you even know it has been a few months before you posted anything.
Well now, because I am trying to us up all the food, that I have accumulated in, my pantry and freezer, my creative juices have started to flow again.
Well today I decided to make potato soup, because my onions were starting  to sprout and my potatoes were growing eyes and I had a can of evaporated milk that was about to expire. So I threw them all in to a pot and this is what I came up with.
And to make clean up easier I mashed the potatoes while they were still in the pot, it was easier and I didn’t have to clean the blender. And Richard also like to have a few lumps of potatoes in his soup.

Creamy Potato Soup
4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
1 cup chopped onions
1 clove garlic, mince
2 tablespoon butter
5 cups water
3 chicken bouillon cubes
1 (12oz) can evaporated milk
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large soup pot sauté the onions and garlic in the butter for 1 minute. Add the potatoes and water and bouillon cubes, bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
With a potato masher or large spoon; mash the potato in the pot. Add the can of evaporated milk and salt and pepper. Cook for about 10 more minutes.Pin It

1 comment:

Brandy said...

Sounds Good!! So good that I had to make some potato soup for dinner also. :)