Sunday, December 6, 2009

Egg Nog Cake

I am not a big fan of egg nog but I buy it every year for Richard and the girls. I like the taste of egg nog but I think it is to thick to drink. So because it is in the house I was trying to think of a way to use it. So what better way than to make a cake. So I combined a few recipes from other cake recipes I already had and changed them up a little and came up with this, and if I do say so myself this is a very good cake.




Egg Nog Cake
1 box yellow cake mix
1 box vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups egg nog
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup rum or 1 tablespoon rum extract
1 teaspoon nutmeg
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour Bundt pan. Combine all ingredients together in a large mixing bowl; mix 3-4 minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and pour hot glaze over cake in pan; cool 10 minutes and turn out on to serving platter and allow glaze to run down sides of cake.
Glaze:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup rum or 1teaspoon rum extract
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
Melt butter, sugar and water in a small saucepan. Boil 3 minutes stirring constantly; remove from heat add rum or rum extract and 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg.


Pin It

No comments: