Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chocolate Cake

I have had a lot of chocolate cake in my life time but this one out shines them all! This cake should be called the disappearing chocolate cake, because that is what it kept doing. I would want a piece and it would be gone. What happen to the cake I would ask and know body seemed to know! So I would make another one and that one would disappear also!

How did this wonderful disappearing chocolate cake come into my life? A few years ago my friend Susan asked me and my daughter Ariel to a charity luncheon and they handed out programs and in the back of the program there was recipes and this was one of them. I held on to this one because it sounded yummy and I just love chocolate cake and the frosting reminds me of my fudge recipe.
When I stared making it I noticed that the cake recipe seemed familiar; that was because it is the same cake recipe on the back of the Hersey's cocoa powder can; and I have made it before and loved it! But the frosting is the main reason I wanted to try this cake. and boy am I glad that I did!
Now if I can just keep it from disappearing!


Chocolate Cake


2 cups sugar
1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
¾ cup Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup boiling water

Frosting
1 can sweetened condensed milk
¼ cup butter
1 (16oz) bag chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Grease and flour two 9 inch baking pans.
In a large mixing bowl combine dry ingredients; add eggs, milk and vanilla; beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be very thin). Pour into prepared pans.
Bake for 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely before frosting.

For Frosting:
Combine all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl; microwave on high for 2 minutes. Stir until all chocolate is melted and ingredients are incorporated. Let cool. Then frost cake.Pin It

No comments: