Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Roasted Cauliflower


When I was growing up I never ate cauliflower, not because I didn’t like it but because my parents never served it to me. Now when it came to my kids I used to serve it mixed together with carrots and broccoli, which is called California blend. But usually what was left in the bowl that no one wanted to eat was the cauliflower.
I first made cauliflower this way many years ago when I first join Weight Watcher. I never thought of roasting vegetables before. It just makes them taste so much better.
Some people call this recipe cauliflower popcorn or even cauliflower poppers. I just call it, Yummy! What makes it even better is that it is 0 points per serving!

Roasted Cauliflower

1 head of uncooked cauliflower
1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
Wash cauliflower and cut into bit size pieces. 

 Place on to prepared baking sheet; sprinkle Mrs. Dash and salt over cauliflower.

Bake for 40 minutes in preheated oven; stirring every 10 minutes.   ½ cup Point value 0


Pin It

No comments: