Monday, August 15, 2011

Peanut Butter Cake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting



What a great combination peanut butter and chocolate! This is another cake that doesn’t last long in my house and that is saying a lot when there are only three people living here.
It is so moist and the frosting is so creamy, you will defiantly need a tall glass of milk with this one! I loved it so much that I had it for my supper last night. That the beauty of not having any one home to cook for once and awhile. I get to eat anything I want and that is just what I did! Here’s to Cake for Supper!

Peanut Butter Cake
with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
1 Box yellow cake mix
1 1/3 cups water
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Lightly grease 2 9- inch round cake pans, then dust with flour. Set aside. Place the cake mix, water, peanut butter, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Increase speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down sides of bowl when needed. Divide batter between prepared pans. Bake for 23 to 28 minutes. Or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to cool. When cooled frost with Chocolate Buttercream frosting.

Chocolate Buttercream Frosting

1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
¾ cup cocoa powder
4 cups powder sugar
¼ cup milk

In large mixing bowl cream butter; gradually add cocoa powder and powder sugar alternately with milk. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.  

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This could be easily added to our favourites too:)

Dwiana said...

I think if I bake this cake in my house it won't last long either:)