Friday, August 19, 2011

Macaroni and Cheese Ham Pie


I wasn’t planning on making supper last night but when I got an email from Bisquick I just knew that I needed to make to make the pie that was featured. It looked so delicious on the screen that I wanted to lick it clean! It was so simple to make and I always have the ingredients in my house.  Richard wasn’t home to enjoy it last night so I packed him a couple of slices for him to take in his lunch today. He gave me a call to tell me that the macaroni pie tasted so good.  So I guess he will be requesting for me to make this dish again! And I will!


Macaroni and Cheese Ham Pie


3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup cubed cooked ham
1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
2 ¼ cups milk
2 eggs  
½ cup Original Bisquick mix
¼ teaspoon salt

Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 10-inch or 9 1/2-inch glass deep-dish pie plate with cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix 2 cups of the cheese, the ham and uncooked macaroni. Spread in pie plate.
In blender, place milk and eggs. Cover; blend on medium speed until smooth. Add Bisquick mix and salt; blend until smooth. Pour over mixture in pie plate.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks absolutely yummy:) Good idea for a great lunch:)