Friday, August 5, 2011

Fresh Peach Cake


It’s peach time! When I was letting the dogs out into the back yard yesterday I notice that there were a few peaches on the ground under the tree. And I said to myself the peaches must be getting rip. So this morning I went out to check and sure enough some were.

Ok so what goodies am I going to make with these peaches?  Why not a cake I thought I have never made a peach cake before, so I took my apple cake recipe and changed it up a bit and this is what I came up with.
When Ariel got home from work she asked me it the cake that I just got finished taking a picture of was her piece. I told her she could have it. She said this is so good I am going to have another piece. I might just eat the whole thing before dad get home. That way he can’t have any. If you remember in my last post how they fought over the Pineapple pie. I guess the feud is still going on!
And just so you know as I am writing this post out for you I have already thought of a way to improve this cake. So stay tuned for my next version!


Fresh Peach Cake

4 cups peaches, peeled and diced
2 eggs
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oil

In a large bowl mix together by hand, diced peaches, eggs and sugars. Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, baking soda, vanilla and oil. Mix well by hand. Batter will be thick. Spoon batter into a greased and floured Bundt pan or angel food cake pan. Bake at 350⁰ for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.


Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fresh peaches in my agrden:) But have some preserved from last year:)I love peaches in cake.I don't know why but it gives it sucg a distinctive taste;)

Dwiana said...

Your lucky having a peach three on your backyard:)