Monday, July 4, 2011

Skillet Spaghetti




There were so many times when my girls were growing up that I always need to get dinner on the table in a hurry. And being a child who grew up eating Hamburger Helper a lot for dinner I just didn’t want to have my children growing up on it to. It’s all right sometimes I guess but I have notice that over the years the amount of pasta that you get in the box of mix has changed and you almost have to use 2 boxes for the pound of ground beef that the mix calls for.
So over the years I have come up with my own version of a hamburger helper. I believe that this recipe taste so much better than theirs. And it’s such an easy dish to prepare because you make it all in the same skillet.
Skillet Spaghetti
1 pound ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped
1(16 OZ.) jar pasta sauce
1 beef bouillon cube
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 (4oz.) can mushrooms
2 cups water
8 oz. spaghetti, broken in half
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese

In a large Dutch over medium-high heat cook ground beef, onions and minced garlic until meat is brown and onions are tender; drain. Add pasta sauce, bouillon cube, Italian seasoning, mushrooms and water; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cover and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until pasta is tender. Sprikle cheese over top; serve.


Pin It

3 comments:

Kim Bee said...

Looks so yummy. I loved the lasagne version of hamburger helper. Practically grew up on it.

Kennard Yamada said...

I take it the pasta is added uncooked?

Stefanie said...

Yes the pasta is added uncooked, it cooks in the sauce!