Sunday, July 3, 2011

Ooey Gooey S’more Bars


Happy 4TH of July everyone! Yes I know that today is the 3rd of July but I wanted to give you something special to enjoy for your 4th! S’mores! Yes you heard me right S’mores and what a cool and different way to serve them then in an ooey gooey bar!
This recipe was sent to me in an email from Betty Crocker called S’mores ,s’mores, s’mores and I just had to make and share one of the recipes with you. They called the bars Warm Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Bars, but I think they should be called Ooey Gooey S’mores Bars. So that’s what I calling them.
I say bring on the milk! Because you will need it when you serve these at your celebration and have a Happy and safe 4th of July!

Ooey Gooey S’more Bars

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5oz) Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup butter, melted
3 cups milk chocolate chips (18oz package)
4 ½ cups miniature marshmallows

Preheat oven to 375F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9 inch pan.
Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
Set control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallow over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallow are toasted. Cool 10 minutes.


Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gave you a blog award:)

Angie said...

WOW, these look amazing!! Thanks for stopping by & being a part of our family. Just a heads up...on Wed, I will be hosting a link party so feel free to stop back by with any of your fantastic recipe to share.

Big southern hugs,
Angie
awww.angiesbigloveoffood.com