Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Easy Burrito Enchilada


I was thinking about this simple dish the other day when I notice a package of frozen burrito in my freezer. I used to make this for my girls when they were younger. Back then I would use can enchilada sauce. But now I make my own enchilada sauce, we like it much better. But you can use what every kind of sauce you like. In this recipe I use the bean and cheese burrito, but you choose the flavor you want. I know that this dish will become a family favorite in your house just like it is in mine!

Easy Burrito Enchilada
1 package of frozen burrito (8 count, your choice of flavor), thawed
1 batch of red enchilada sauce (recipe follows)or 1 large can
2 cups cheese blend (cheddar and Monterey jack)

Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
Coat the bottom of baking dish with 1 cup of sauce. Place frozen burrito in dish. Add remaining sauce to cover the burrito in dish; top with cheese.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
Red Enchilada Sauce
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
1 1/2  cups water
2 tablespoon flour
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon chili powder

In a saucepan, combine tomato sauce, water, flour, and garlic, onion and chili powders. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this! It brings back great memories of my mother and her letting us kids help her make this on evenings when we were rushed for supper! I had almost forgotten how to make it.
Thank you,
Connie

Amy said...

I wish I could pin this on Pinterest, it's an easy and delicious recipe!