Friday, June 17, 2011

Slow-Cooker Barbecue Chicken


My daughter Brandy is a little obsessed with this show called Extreme Couponing, to the point when she came home for a visit the other day she turned it on and had me and Ariel watch it. When they saved a lot of money she got just as excited as the people on the show. She says that’s why we need to clip coupon too. So when we went to the store, so that she could buy Richard a father’s day gift. She said she had to buy this magazine All You to, because it always has a lot of coupons in it and also good recipes. So I took a look at the magazine and saw this recipe. So I changed it just a little the way I always do. And because I didn’t take out the chicken to thaw I just threw it in the slow-cooker frozen and cooked it on high for 5 hours, it turn out great. I will be making this again.

Slow-Cooker Barbecue Chicken
4 boneless, chicken breast
1 cup barbecue sauce
¼ cup Italian salad dressing
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 to 2 teaspoons hot sauce or to taste

Put chicken in slow cooker. In a small bowl combine the remaining ingredients, pour sauce over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Return to slow cooker and cook for another 30 minutes.


Pin It

1 comment: