Monday, June 13, 2011

Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake


When I woke up the morning I was thinking today would be a good day the bake a chocolate cake. Will to tell you the truth any day is a good day for chocolate cake! I have always wanted to try the cake recipe off the back of the canister of Hershey’s cocoa powder. I am glad that I did. This cake is super moist and the frosting is so creamy and chocolaty. I will defiantly be making this cake again!
Hershey’s “Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Cake
2 cups sugar
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup Hershey’s Cocoa
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Heat oven to 350F. Grease and flour two 9-inch baking pans. Combine dry ingredients in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour into pans.
Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely. Frost with “Perfectly Chocolate Frosting”.

“Perfectly Chocolate” Chocolate Frosting
1 stick ( ½ cup) butter
2/3 cup Hershey’s Cocoa
3 cups powder sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powder sugar and milk, beating on medium speed to spreading consistency. Add more milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla.
Pin It

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ohhh, this cake sure is good. My aunt made it and I got the recipe from her. I have made it several times because it is sooo good. Thanks for reminding me of it. I think it is time to whip up a chocolate cake soon!

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted to try this recipe too. I'm really impressed with yours, it looks just like Hersheys! Would it be a tad bit inappropriate to lick the screen?