Sunday, June 26, 2011

Flakey Cinnamon Pinwheels


I have been on a few Carnival cruises in my life and one of the things I look forward to the most; besides sitting on the deck in a lounge chair with a book in one hand and a drink in the other  are these flaky little pastries. They serve them every morning at breakfast and I always eat one or two; ok! To tell you the truth it more like; four!
So the other day at the store I threw a box of puff pastry dough in my cart with the intention of using the dough for another recipe (which will come later). But this morning when I woke up I started thinking how I would just love to have some of those pastries from the cruise ship. After all it has been about six months since I last had them. Maybe I should bake them myself I thought after all it is cheaper than going on another cruise. But not as fun!
After they were done I woke Ariel up and told her that I had something special for her. I showed her my   flakey little treats and asked her do you remember having these on your last cruise.  To my surprise she said no! How can she not remember these! But she proceeded to eat the whole plate full; she said she just couldn’t stop at just one!
I will need to make these again; in the near future, because Richard didn’t get any that’s because he wasn’t home. But when he finds out that we ate them and didn’t save him any I will be in trouble.

Flakey Cinnamon Pinwheels
1 sheet of puff pastry dough; thawed
2 tablespoons butter; melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Pre heat oven 300F. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
In a small; bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. On a floured cutting board unfold puff pastry. Brush dough with melted butter; then sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture over top of melted butter. Starting from longest side carefully roll up dough; pinch seams together to close.  Cut into 15 slices and place on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes.
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you go tempting me with these pinwheels! Because of you, I've made two (that's right, TWO) Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake in the last week. Now.. enough is enough;)