Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Baked Corned Beef

Because no one was going to be home on Saint Patrick’s Day until around 7:00pm, and we had to have our Corned Beef, I made it a few days earlier. I decided to bake it this year instead of boiling it the way I usually do. Oh! Am I glad that I did! Everyone loved it! I served it with sauté cabbage and onions, and I cooked string beans and new potatoes the way my mother used to make them. We had such an Irish feast! I will be preparing my corned beef this way again!


Baked Corned Beef

1 (3 pound) corned beef
¼ cup spicy brown mustard
¼ cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Wash corned beef to remove brine, (discard spice packet) place corned beef fat side up on heavy duty aluminum foil. Brush with spicy brown mustard, and sprinkle with brown sugar. Fold up foil on all sides making sure to seal so that the juices don’t run out while cooking. Place foiled wrapped corned beef into a roasting pan. Bake 3 to 3 ½ hours or until the corned beef is tender. After cooking carefully open foil and place cook corned beef under the broiler for about 3 to 4 minutes, or until the top is a golden brown. Allow the meat to sit for 5 minutes before carving.

Pin It

1 comment:

My Medifast said...

I love corned beef - when out! I can't stand it boiled - yuck! This is going to be interesting to try your recipe and bake one. Thanks for the idea and look very forward to trying.