Sunday, March 6, 2011

Chicken and Dumplings

What could be more comforting on a cold winter s day than a bowl of chicken and dumplings?
When I was a work the other day I told Bertha my co-worker you know what I am in a good mood. I am going to go home and make chicken and dumplings for dinner tonight and brownies for dessert. That will be a feel good dinner for my feel good mood!
Chicken and Dumplings
2 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 (14oz) can chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 ½ cups frozen mixed vegetables
½ teaspoon poultry seasoning
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup baking mix
½ teaspoon dried parsley
½ cup milk

In a large soup pot combine, chicken, chicken broth, milk, frozen vegetables, poultry seasoning and pepper; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
In bowl combine, baking mix, dried parsley, and milk blend until moistened. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls into simmering soup. Cover pot with lid and simmer for 12 minutes (do not stir pot or lift the lid during this time).Pin It

1 comment: