Monday, July 26, 2010

Easy Pasta Salad

This is an easy pasta salad that I have been making for years. I have never had a recipe before, I have always just threw everything together. This time however I decided to measure out the ingredients as I added them and to write them down as I went. This is what I came up with.

My family doesn’t like celery in their salads so I add celery seeds instead so that way I can still have the flavor of the celery. I also like to use the juice from the pickle jar, I think it gives the salad more flavor.
The best thing about pasta salad is that I think it taste even better the next day!


Easy Pasta Salad

16 oz. dried salad pasta or macaroni
3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 cup diced dill pickles
1 small red onion, diced
1 to 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
¼ cup vinegar or pickle juice
2 tablespoons sugar
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon celery seeds
Salt to taste

Cook pasta according to the package direction, drain and cool pasta.
In a large bowl combine cooled pasta, chopped eggs, diced pickles, diced onions, mayonnaise, pickle juice, sugar, pepper, celery seeds and salt to taste. Refrigerate until ready to serve.Pin It

No comments: