Saturday, July 31, 2010

Chicken Curry

I adapted this recipe from my 29 minutes to dinner cookbook by The Pampered Chef.
I love curry, my family not so much. When every I have come across a new recipe for curry I just have to give it a try.
This recipe is not spicy like some of the other version that I have prepared in the past; it’s very mild with a nice curry flavor. If you have always wanted to try curry, but was always a little leery may I suggest you give this version a try?
And if you would like to know how to get your own 29 minutes to dinner cookbook by The Pampered Chef just send me an email at gogetzm@comcast.net and I will let you know!



Chicken Curry
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
¾ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oil
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons curry powder
½ cup golden raisins
1 can (13-5 oz) coconut milk

Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and place into a medium size bowl. Combine salt and pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle ½ of the salt and pepper mixture over chicken in bowl toss to coat.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add seasoned chicken and cook until a golden brown about 2-3 minutes per side or until center is no longer pink. Remove from skillet: set aside.
Add carrots and onion to skillet and sauté for 5 minutes or until crisp tender, stirring occasionally. Stir curry powder, raisins, coconut milk and remaining salt and pepper mixture into skillet. Add chicken; simmer 3-5 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken.
Serve chicken curry over a bed of rice.Pin It

No comments: