Sunday, August 1, 2010

Snickersdoodles

I just finished reading, Snow Melts in Spring by Deborah Vodts. I really enjoyed this book. I downloaded it a few months ago on my Kindle from Amazon. In the book Mattie, a veterinarian made these Snickerdoole cookies that everybody couldn’t get enough of. As I was reading I stared craving Snickerdoodle cookies, they happen to be one of my favorite kinds of cookies. And guess what; after I finished to book and was flipping through the last few page, there it was, to my surprise a recipe for Mattie’s Snickerdoodles, I just had to make them! And they are very good!


Snickersdoodles
1 cup shortening
1 ½ cups sugar
2 eggs
2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar & 2 teaspoons cinnamon mixed together in small bowl

In a large bowl cream together shortening, sugar, and eggs. In a separate bowl sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Chill dough for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400⁰F. Roll into walnut-size balls. Roll balls into the sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place two inches apart on greased baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned but still soft. These cookies puff up first then flatten out with crinkled tops. Enjoy!Pin It

No comments: