Monday, August 9, 2010

Peach Crisp

I love peaches, there is nothing better than a fresh peach picked right of the tree on a warm summer day, the sun warmed flesh busting in your mouth, while the juices run down your hand and arms! That is one of my fondest childhood memories, of eating peaches right off my grandparent’s trees. Now I have a peach tree of my own and every year I can’t wait until those peaches are ripe, and yes I still love to eat peaches right of the tree that have been warmed by the sun.


Yesterday afternoon Ariel and I picked a bowl full of peaches and nectarines, I wanted to make a peach crisp but it was too late in the afternoon. I didn’t want to turn the oven on, because I didn’t want to heat up the house and have to turn on the air-conditioned, so I waited until this morning to make the peach crisp. That was even better because I got to have peach crisp for breakfast!


Peach Crisp
8 cups peeled and sliced peaches
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup quick - cooking oats
1 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces

Preheat oven to 375⁰F. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cook spray; set as side. Toss peaches, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and vanilla in a large bowl; pour into baking dish.

Combine in a medium size bowl the oat meal, flour, brown sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon. With a pastry blender cut butter into flour mixture, until well combined. (If you don't have a pastry blender use you hands to mix the butter in, I love to do it that way somtimes).Sprinkle mixture over peaches in baking dish.

Bake for 45-50 minutes.Pin It

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I cant stop thinking about this. I really want some. :)

Anonymous said...

Oatmeal? Don't you mean oats?

Anonymous said...

Oatmeal? I hope you mean oats.