Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Margarita Grilled Chicken

When I made the guacamole a few weeks ago I asked Richard if he could run to the store and pick me up a lime; he came home with 12 limes. When I asked him why did he buy so many he replied that they were on sale 12 for a dollar, now what am I going to do with all these limes. So when I was a Costco the other day I saw the Margarita mix and I remember that I still had some at home and Richard did take chicken out for dinner and I still had all those limes, so my brain went into recipe mode and I came up with this marinade. The chicken turned out so tender and tasted just like a margarita. I served it with Spanish rice, beans and tortillas.


Margarita Grilled Chicken
4 to 6 boneless chicken breast
1 cup Margarita mix
¼ cup Tequila
Juice of 2 limes
2 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients in a gallon size zip lock bag. Marinade in refrigerator for 2 hours. Grill chicken on a hot grill until done.Pin It

No comments: