Sunday, April 25, 2010

Cheddar Cornmeal Biscuits

If you are looking for something different to serve alongside a bowl of navy bean soup or a good bowl of chili than look no farther; this twist on a biscuit will do nicely. When I made navy bean soup the other night for supper I wanted something different to serve than what I usually make “cornbread” I thought why I couldn’t add cornmeal to ordinary baking mix. Following the recipe on the back of the box all I did was substitute some of the baking mix with cornmeal and added cheddar cheese. Instead of rolling out the dough I dropped large tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Ariel says that they are so addicting you can’t eat just one. I will be baking these again, I think next time I will try them without the cheese so that I can eat them with honey and butter.


Cheddar Cornmeal Biscuits

1 ½ cups baking mix
½ cup cornmeal
½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
2/3 cup milk

Preheat oven to 450⁰F.
Combine all the ingredients in a medium size bowl until well blended. Drop by large spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until a golden brown.Pin It

No comments: