Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Blueberry Pancake Muffins

Wow I have now posted 100 recipes on my blog! It has been an adventure in cooking, baking and blogging. What better way to celebrate than with a new recipe that my family will be enjoying for years to come. Thanks for all the great comments that I have received from family and friends and from my new blogging friends.


I buy my pancake mix by the bulk from Costco; and I sometimes wonder what else I can use it for besides pancakes and waffles. I went to Krusteaz web site and found a muffin blueberry muffin recipe; they used a pancake mix with the blueberries already in the mix, which I don’t have. So I change the mix to their regular pancake mix and added more water and frozen blueberries. My family says that they taste just like a blueberry pancake, I ate one with syrup and one with out I like the one with the syrup just a little bit more, Richard ate his without the syrup; Ariel ate 2 and that is saying a lot because she doesn’t care for blueberry pancakes, she is a pancake purest she loves to eat her pancake with nothing but maple syrup. I will defiantly be making these muffins again.

Blueberry Pancake Muffins
2 ½ cups pancake mix
¾ cup water
½ cup sugar
¼ cup oil
1 egg
1 ½ cups frozen or fresh blueberries

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl combine pancake mix, water, sugar, oil and egg; fold in blueberries until well combined. Fill muffin cups evenly with batter.
Bake for 20 to 24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best of both worlds... pancakes and muffins. YUM!