Thursday, April 29, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Sometimes it’s hard to come up with different way to use ground beef. When I take the meat out of the freezer in the morning, I will then spend the rest of the day wondering what I will be making with it. I grew up eating hamburger helper most nights of the week; I believe that has a lot to do with way I am always looking for new recipe. I just love trying new dishes. If you are looking for a different way to cook ground beef I suggest you give this recipe a try.


Sweet and Sour Meatballs

Meatballs
1 pound ground beef
¼ cup dry bread crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 egg
1 tablespoon oil

In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except oil; mix well. Shape into small balls. In a large skillet; brown meatballs in oil.

Sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
½ cup water
Pineapple chunks (20oz), drained (reserve ½ cup syrup)
3 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 green peppers cut into strips

In a medium bowl blend together, sugar, cornstarch, water, reserved pineapple syrup, vinegar and soy sauce; add to browned meatballs in skillet. Heat mixture until it boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Add pineapple and green peppers. Reduce heat and simmer covered, 15 to 20 minutes.Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for sharing.