Monday, March 1, 2010

Death by Chocolate Cake

This is my most requested cake that I bake. Every year I donate it to my churches fundraiser, Mexico Outreach. Every year around Easter break a group of teenagers and adults from the church travel to Mexico for a little more than a week. They help out with building a church or a clinic and they also teach a vacation bible school. To help raise funds for the trip they hold a chili feed with a silent auction and a dessert auction. Year after year the bidding for my Death by Chocolate Cake goes higher and higher. I follow my recipe as followed I just dress it up a bit my drizzling a little while icing and filling the hole in the middle of the Bundt cake with Hersey hugs. This year the cake went for $135. Now you don’t have to wait for the fundraiser every year, you can enjoy this cake any time you want.


Death by Chocolate Cake
4eggs
1 cup sour cream
½ cup water
½ cup oil
1 box chocolate cake mix
1 package chocolate instant pudding mix
12 oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips

Beat eggs, sour cream, water, and oil together in a large bowl until thoroughly mixed. Add cake mix and pudding mix. Beat until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into Bundt or tube pan bake at 350⁰ for 1 hour. When cool, sift powdered sugar on top of cake or top with glaze.

Satiny Chocolate Glaze
¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
¼ teaspoon vanilla

In a double boiler over hot, but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, and then add vanilla. Spread warm glaze over top of cake letting it drizzle down the sides.Pin It

3 comments:

Sook said...

It must be excellent if so many people request it! I am bookmarking it. Looks so yummy! I love chocolate.

PratosdaBela said...

beautifull, excellent
Kisses

Katie said...

I am so tempted to make this right now...if only I wasn't trying to diet. I will have to save it for later :)