Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vodka Sauce

This is an easy creamy pasta sauce that I know you will love. You can serve it with your choice of pasta. I have seen this sauce served with penne pasta or raviolis. I served it over spinach and cheese raviolis. I love this sauce so much I could just eat it with a spoon.

Vodka Sauce
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
½ cup vodka
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon dried basil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a large skillet over medium heat sauté onion and garlic in the olive oil; until onion are tender. Add diced tomatoes, vodka, red pepper, heavy cream and basil simmer for 20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over cooked pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.Pin It