Friday, February 19, 2010

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

When I was getting my lunch ready for work today I saw that the bananas were getting pretty ripe. I told Richard not to eat them because when I got home from work today that I would make banana bread with the bananas. Well as I driving to work I started thinking about the banana bread. I use to talk to Richard on my cell phone as I drove to work but now that my car is a No Phone Zone thanks to Oprah. Now that I had some free time to think, I was thinking that maybe I would add chocolate chips to the batter, then I started thinking about my favorite sandwich peanut butter and banana, yes you read it right this southern girl loves her peanut butter and banana sandwiches, some people here in California including my husband think that my favorite sandwich is a strange combination. I say to them give it a try you will love it. Just as much as I know you will love this bread.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
1 cup sugar
1 cup (2 medium) bananas, mashed
½ cup butter, softened
½ cup peanut butter
1/3 cup milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Grease the bottom only of 9x5 inch loaf pan.
In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar, bananas, butter and peanut butter. Add milk eggs and vanilla to mixing bowl and blend together. Add flour, baking soda and salt until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
Pin It

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hmmm...I have put chocolate chips in my banana bread, but never thought of peanut butter. SOunds great, though. I will have to try it next time.