Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bagel Chips

One of the benefits of working in a dentist office is sometimes our patients will bring us goodies. Today I brought home oranges and bagels. No one wanted to take home the bagels, not that they don’t like bagels; it’s just that this patients brings us a big bag of bagels almost every week. She gets them from our local bagel shop; she says that they were going to throw them out at the end of the day, so she takes them home with her. Will today Dr. M asked me if I had ever made bagel chips, I told her that I haven’t but I would like to give it a try. This is what I came up with; you could use plain or flavored bagels, I used onion and everything bagels today. Richard says and I do agree with him they are very addicting.

Bagel Chips
Bagels
Olive oil
Salt to taste
Garlic powder to taste

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
Carefully slice bagels into ¼ inch slices using a serrated bread knife.
 Place on prepared cookie sheets. Brush sliced bagels with olive oil
 and sprinkle with salt and garlic powder to your taste.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Let bagels cool on baking sheets, this will help them become crisper.Pin It

1 comment:

PratosdaBela said...

Hummmmmmm
the best...
Kisses