Saturday, January 23, 2010

Snickerdoodle Blondies

When I came home from work yesterday I decided to watch the Food Network, Throw Down with Bobby Flay was on. He was doing a Blondie throw down. I went on line to check out the recipes, which started me searching other web sites for Blondie recipes, I found this one on Dozen Flours and decided to give it a try because Snicker Doodles happen to be one of my favorite cookies. This also gave me a chance to try out my new baking pans that my daughter Brandy gave me for Christmas. These pans are really cool, they are for baking bars in, and they have lids.
 Most people do not know this about me but I love baking pans I have a huge collections of Wilton and Nordic Ware. Brandy works at Home Goodies in Fresno and she is always calling me about different Nordic Ware pans that they have in stock, I always tell her that I don’t need any more pans, and then I tell her to go ahead and buy it for me. I just can’t resist a good price on a good quality baking pan. Enough about my obsession, back to the Blondies they do taste just like a Snicker Doddle cookie. I know you will enjoy them, especially Richard’s co-workers because I sent them to work with him today.



Snickerdoodle Blondies
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt and set aside. In large bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until smooth.
Stir in the flour mixture until well blended.
 Spread evenly in prepared pan (mixture will be somewhat like cookie batter)
Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a little bowl. Evenly sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over the top of the batter.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool slightly. While still warm, cut into bars with a sharp knife.
Yields: approximately 30 servings (depending on how you cut the bars)Pin It

6 comments:

Andrea Riegling from ROCK THAT PLATE! said...

I like your Pics. Welcome to the Foodie BlogRoll!
Andrea from www.rockthatplate.blogspot.com

Simply Life said...

oh these look great!

Velva said...

I can totally relate to enjoying good pans!
Your snickerdoodles blondies really rock. Thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

Yum.....I'm going to make these for dessert for tonite! Welcome to the Foodie BlogRoll. If you get a chance, check out my humble blog at www.mealsforfriends.com

Heidi said...

I've made these and my family loved them... you just can't overbake them or they are dry.

Mimi said...

I love snickerdoodle blondies, your look perfect!.
Mimi