Friday, January 22, 2010

Pork Chop and Mushroom Rice Bake

Years ago when Richard and I were first married I used to clean a house for this couple. This is one of two recipes that she gave me. I changed a few things over the years but this is basically the same recipe she gave me years ago.


Pork Chop and Mushroom Rice Bake
4 pork chop
Salt, pepper and garlic powder
1 tablespoon oil
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1½ cups water
1 cup long grain rice
1 (8oz.) can sliced mushrooms

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Season pork chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.

 Brown pork chops in oil over medium heat.

In a 9x13 inch baking dish mix together soup, water rice and mushrooms.

 Place browned pork chops on top of rice mixture and cover with foil;

 bake 1 hour or until rice has absorbed all the liquid.

Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.Pin It

4 comments:

Chris said...

Welcome to the Foodie Blogroll!

I love dishes like this during the week, it makes it easy to feed the family without messing up 7 and 1/2 pots :)

Ujan sharma said...

I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.

garlic benefits for men
http://stefaniescookingspot.blogspot.com/2010/01/pork-chop-and-rice-bake.html

Anonymous said...

Do you cook the white rice before you put it in the oven

Anonymous said...

No, it cooks in the liquid. I use chicken or beef broth instead of water for extra flavor.