Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cream Cheese Brownies

The brownie portion of this recipe comes from a brownie recipe that I have been making for about 18 years. The recipe was sent to me in the mail through a company that was selling recipe cards, I able to keep the Chocolate Pecan Brownie recipe for free. Brandy and I have used the brownie recipe over the years in many different ways. Today I asked Richard if he would like for me to make brownies, he said with chocolate chips. I said either that way or cream cheese. We decided on cream cheese brownies. I promise that one day I will post the original recipe for Chocolate Pecan Brownies. But today I hope you enjoy these Cream Cheese Brownies!


Cream Cheese Brownies
¾ cup all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking soda
¾ cup sugar
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs

1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
½ vanilla extract
1 egg

Preheat oven to 325⁰ F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan. In a small bowl, mix together flour and baking soda. In a small sauce pan, combine sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; remove immediately from heat. Stir in 1 cup of chocolate chips and vanilla until chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Cool completely. Stir in eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually stir in flour mixture until smooth.
 Pour into baking pan; set aside.

In a medium bowl beat cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer until smooth. Beat in vanilla and 1 egg until blended.
Pour cream cheese mixture over brownie batter in pan;
with a knife swirl the two batters together to make marbled design.
Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 35 minutes.

Cool completely, cut into squares.Pin It

1 comment:

Simply Life said...

WOW! Those brownies look delicious!