Friday, January 8, 2010

Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream

I first saw this on Real Mom Kitchen; it looked so good, I started wondering if there were other recipes out there, so I googled, and came up with a few other sites. I decided to try the recipe on Taste of Home web site, because it is my favorite cooking magazine. It turned out so yummy I will be making this again. This is very similar to an Indian taco I once ate at an arts and crafts fair in Oakhurst CA. When the girls were young we would take them on day trips. We would tell them we are going on an adventure today. I heard about the fair over the radio, and since we had never been to Oakhurst why not go. We had a wonderful time that day. I always enjoyed our little adventures. And now I can enjoy this version of an Indian taco anytime I want.


Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream

1 cup sour cream
2 teaspoon ranch salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1-1/2 lbs ground beef
1 can (15 oz) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 oz) diced tomatoes
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 Tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 tube (16.3oz) large refrigerated biscuits

Optional Toppings: sliced ripe olives, shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese

In small bowl, combine sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving.
In large skillet cook beef over medium. heat till no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through.

Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6" circle.

(Richard working for his supper)
In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm.
To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tablespoons ranch sour cream; top each with meat mixture. Sprinkle with toppings if desired.
( How Richard ate his)
Pin It

No comments: