Saturday, January 9, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

I saw a picture of this brownie in an ad at a cooking web site I was visiting, I don’t remember which one. It reminds me of the Brookies that Ariel likes to make, a half brownie and half cookie with caramel in the middle. I know sounds yummy, and one day when she makes them again I will post that recipe. But this is a similar version of that brownie. I started thinking about that brownie add and thought how simple just make a box of brownies and scoop cookie dough on top, well I didn’t want to make a whole batch of chocolate chip cookie so I thought I would just buy the cookie pouch mix, and guess what the recipe is on the back of the Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie pouch, but they top the brownie with frosting, which you can do but I think that’s a little over kill. I love the look of the cookie dough mingling with the brownies, why would you want to cover that up. So grab yourself some brownie mix and a pouch of cookie the next time you go to the store, and don’t forget the milk you will need a nice tall glass to go with your brownies!

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
 1 box brownie mix
Vegetable oil, water and eggs called for on brownie mix
1 pouch cookie dough mix
Butter and egg called for on cookie mix
Heat oven to 350⁰F; Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch baking pan.
Make brownie mix as directed on box.
 Spread in pan.
Make cookie dough as directed on pouch.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoons evenly onto brownie batter, press down lightly.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out clean.
 Cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into squares.
Pin It

No comments: