Thursday, January 7, 2010

Cinnamon Biscuits with Fried Apples

This recipe came about when I opened the wrong can of biscuits. The cinnamon sugar biscuits popped into my head, they make a good breakfast or anytime treat but I wanted something more. What could I add to this yummy treat? The wheels started tuning in my head, what do I have on hand, what can I do, I know I have apples, what can I do with apples…..I can make fried apples. I love fried apples! This turned out so well, so yummy I had to stop myself at just one! I wish all my mistakes turned out this well.



Cinnamon Biscuits with Fried Apples
1 (16 Oz.) can refrigerated large biscuits (I used large butter flavor biscuits)
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
¼ cup butter; melted
4 medium apples; peeled, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ cup brown sugar

Preheat oven to 350⁰ F.

Pour melted butter into a small bowl, set aside; in another small bowl mix together ½ cup sugar and 1 tablespoon.

 Dip biscuits into melted butter; then into cinnamon and sugar mixture.



 Place 2 inches apart onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.

 Bake 12 to 15 minutes. Meanwhile prepare fried apples.

In a medium skillet melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add apples, brown sugar and cinnamon;

 sauté about 15 minutes or until apples are tender.

 Serve over warm cinnamon biscuits

Pin It

1 comment:

Brandy said...

I made these for breakfast this morning and they were absolutely delicious. I will definately be making them again real soon. :)