Sunday, December 27, 2009

String Beans with Garlic and Mushroom

Brandy first made this dish for me on Mother's Day. I loved it then and I love it now. String beans were never cooked like this when I was young. I know most people call them green beans but where I'm from we call them string beans or snap beans. My family alway cooked the life out of a vegetable. Then we would chop them up. I never knew what a tender vegetable was only mushy over cooked ones.

String Beans with Garlic and Mushroom

2 pounds string beans
2 cups mushroom; sliced
3 cloves garlic; minced
3 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Cook string beans in a large pot of boiling salted water; until tender; about 10 minutes. Meanwhile:

In a large skillet melt butter; add garlic and mushrooms sauté until tender.

Drain string beans and add to mushroom in skillet; stir until well combine; adding salt and pepper to taste.

Pin It

No comments: