Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sloppy Joes

One of my favorite comfort foods are Sloppy Joes. I loved them as a kid and I still love them as an adult. When I was growing up I ate the sauce from the can “Manwich”, but when I made them for my family my girls would look at the sandwich and pick at the onions, peppers and seasonings in the sauce and say“Whats this”, “Whats that” and “I don’t like this”; so I started looking at different recipes and came up this, nothing but meat and sauce, but still had all the flavor. When I was a kid I would eat them with my Step-mom Gen’s homemade sweet pickles, I now eat them with the best hot sauce, Texas Pete. I have to special order Texas Pete because it's made in North Carolina and they don't sell it here in California.


Sloppy Joes


1 pound ground beef
1 cup ketchup
½ cup water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons prepared muster
1 teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon salt





In a large skillet brown ground beef; drain. (This is the best tool from Pamper Chef for breaking up ground beef.)




Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.





Serve on toasted rolls or buns.



Pin It

No comments: