Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Sandies

Last Sunday Ariel and I were sitting at Barns and Noble, we were there wrapping gifts for our Church's Mexico Mission Outreach. In the 2 hours that we were there we wrapped 2 books. So we had some time to kill. I started looking at cooking magazines, surprise- surprise! I found one that I could not live without, Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies 2009.
The first cookie I decided to try was the Christmas Sandies. Remember I have been making Pecan Sandies since I was little but I never thought to put dried cranberries in the cookie. These are so good! I did shortened the instructions a little.
Christmas Sandies
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup finely chopped dried cranberries (Pulse cranberries in a food processor to chop quickly)
2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel (I used one teaspoon lemon juice)
White, red and green nonpareils (I used the rainbow nonpareils)


Preheat oven to 350F. Beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed 30 seconds. Add powdered sugar. Beat until combined, scraping bowl. Beat in vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in cranberries, lemon peel, ad remaining flour (use your hands to work in flour if mixture seems crumbly).

Shape in to small ball. Roll dough balls in nonpareils.



Arrange balls 1 inch apart on cookie sheets

Bake for 15 minutes or until bottom of cookie are light brown. Transfer to wire racks and let cool.


Pin It

No comments: