Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sausage Gravy with Biscuits

Sometimes that southern side of me comes out and I get the hankering for Biscuits and Gravy. My brother Robert and his family raised a few hogs this year and for Christmas he sent us some pork. In the box there was some patty cake sausage (that’s what we call it where I'm from) bacon, pork loin, pork butt, a ham and the biggest pork chops I have ever seen. I try not to serve Richard too much fat because of his Cholesterol, But occasionally for a special treat it’s fine, what better time than when you get a gift of sausage and other pork meat. I told Robert to keep an eye on my Blog because I will be featuring recipes using his pork.



Sausage Gravy

1 pound ground sausage (hot or mild your choice)
2 tablespoons butter
½ cup flour
4 cups milk
Salt and pepper to taste


Brown sausage in large skillet over medium heat; remove from heat.


Add butter stirring until melted.


Stir in flour a little at a time until all the flour is blended in.


Slowly whisk in milk.

Return to heat whisking constantly; until thickened.

Add salt and pepper to taste.



Today I made biscuits with Bisquick. Just follow the recipe for drop biscuits, on the back of box.


I like using the large scoop from Pamper Chef to scoop out the dough.


Richard waiting so patiently for his breakfast!
Serve over warm biscuits.

Pin It

No comments: