Monday, December 14, 2009

Pecan Sandies

I have been making these since I was a little girl back in Virginia. The recipe came from my Step-mother Gen. I remember cracking pecans when I was little to make these cookies. Good thing each nut has two halves, one nut for the bowl one nut for me, they're my favorite nut! This now happens to be Richard’s favorite cookie; I make them every Christmas for him.




Pecan Sandies
1 cup butter
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups sifted flour
1 cup chopped pecans



Cream butter and sugar together; add water and vanilla; mix well.



Blend in flour and nuts.

Chill 4 hours.
Shape into balls.



Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 325⁰F about 20 minutes.


Remove from pan and cool. Roll in powder sugar.


I love to roll them twice!
Pin It

No comments: