Thursday, December 24, 2009

Orzo with Parmesan and Basil

Tonight’s Christmas Eve, and it seems like I have been in the kitchen all day. I made a German Chocolate cake for Richard’s belated birthday as well as for Christmas. For lunch we had Potato Ham and Cheese soup. Therefore, I made a simple Christmas Eve supper. We had Pork chops, or should I say pork steaks, courtesy of my brother Robert and his Christmas gift this year, Orzo with Parmesan and Basil, Richard’s request, Broccoli casserole, because I wanted to try something new, I combined a few recipes that I found on all recipes and Buttery Parmesan Knots. And before I go to bed I have to put together the Up Side- Down Apple French Toast for breakfast tomorrow.





Orzo with Parmesan and Basil


2 tablespoon butter
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
1 (14.5oz.) can chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste


Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and sauté until lightly browned.


Stir in chicken stock and basil and bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.


Mix in Parmesan cheese; Season with salt and pepper; to taste.


Pin It

No comments: