Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Spicy Potato Soup


What could be better on a fall day, than a nice pot of soup simmering on the stove? It makes the house smell so warm and inviting.
I found this recipe many years ago in a Taste of Home magazine. Richard and I loved it, but the girls thought it was too spicy. So when I made it I would cut way back on the pepper. Richard and I would then add our own pepper to suite our taste to our own bowls. I bet now that the girls are older and their taste have changed I could keep the pepper in.

Spicy Potato Soup


1 pound ground beef
4 cups potatoes, cubed
1 small onion, chopped
3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
4 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper

1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef with onions over medium heat; drain. Add the potatoes and tomato sauce. Stir in the water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the soup has thickened.

 
Pin It

No comments: