Saturday, December 4, 2010

Sweet Potato Bread

What do you do when your friend gives you 40 pounds of sweet potatoes? I gave away some to my co-workers and I asked Richard to bake some for supper, he bake 10 and there is only the 3 of us. So I turned my favorite pumpkin bread recipe into sweet potato bread. We ate one loaf and I gave the other one to my friend Susan, that’s because she was the one who gave me the 40 pounds of sweet potatoes. She loved the bread; the little piece she got to eat before her family got a hold of it and ate it all.

So give this recipe a try and make sure you get to eat a piece before your family eats it all to.
Sweet Potato Bread
2 cups cooked and mashed sweet potatoes
4 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup water
3 cups sugar
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into prepared pans.
Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.Pin It

No comments: