Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chili Cheese Enchiladas

This was one of my mom’s recipes, I don’t where she came up with this recipe, but it is a keeper. I have been making this for my girls for years but without the onions that’s because they don’t like onions. Now that they are all grown up I now put lots of onions in the enchiladas that because I love onions.

My daughter Brandy loves this recipe so much that she has also featured this recipe on her blog, but I can guarantee that she didn’t add the onions.
Chili Cheese Enchiladas
8 corn tortillas
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups grated cheese blend, (cheddar and Monterey jack)
1 small onion, chopped
1 (15 oz.) can chili (without beans)

Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Spray a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium skillet warn tortillas in oil until flexible. Place about ¼ cup of cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped onion in center of each tortilla; roll up tortilla and place seam side down in baking dish; repeat with remaining tortillas. Spoon chill over rolled tortillas; top with reaming cheese and onions.
Bake in preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes.Pin It

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I love these enchiladas and they are so easy to make.

Karen said...

Great easy enchilada dish. These look perfect!

Diana's Cocina said...

I'm a fan of enchiladas! Your look delicious. Nice blog.