Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Banana Bread

What to do? Oh! What to do? When you bought way too many bananas and no one is eating them. Now that could be a problem for some people, but not for me. When I see them ripening on the counter I start dreaming of banana bread, banana muffins or even banana cake. Well a few weeks ago my friend Susan asked me if I would post my recipe for banana bread. Just banana bread no fancy twist on the recipe, just banana bread. Well here it is my banana bread recipe.

Banana Bread
½ cup oil
1 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoons baking soda
½ cup chopped nuts, your choice

Grease a loaf pans. Cream the oil with the sugar. Add eggs and beat well. Add the mashed bananas, stirring to blend. Ina separated bowl sift together the dry ingredients. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter, mixing well. Add the nuts. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in 350⁰F oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.Pin It

4 comments:

Rich said...

Please give your friend Susan my thanks for asking you to post this recipe - it looks delicious!

Elisabeth said...

This is the perfect recipe to have for the banana bread, which I use, as well.
Great job...and photos, as well...Yumm!

Lola said...

Really good! Baked it for 1h15 minutes though :)

Believe it, Top Georgetown Tow Truck service said...

I’m drooling! And wondering…”Why didn’t I ever think of this? I love BB!”